Thursday, August 12, 2010

Hip-Hop Mission #1

Me and my manz and demz Drasar Monumental from HHBF got a phone call last week from our Zee Famz Kufu 1 from NS Waset. Kufu was calling saying that he just got his transfer papers and he report to Vietnam, CA. August 6, 2010, @ 1400 hours.. Those that know me and my mans Drasar Monumental know we live for this sh*t then you add the fact that its our NS Zee famz looking to ride, so you know we gonna ride...

Now my man Kufu had told me prior that he wanted to have a black book session. Never in my right mind I thought he was going to arrive with a duffle bag full of paint and that his black book was the concrete... By 5PM Friday evening me, Kufu, and Drasar Monumental were off to the concrete jungle to get our outlines up before sundown, and still be able to report back to the N.C.O Club to smash the disco. (remember people I'm a deejay.)

Day 2:

We wake up early in the morning turn on some Hip-Hop and plan our attack with the color skemes.. Now please make a note the last time I painted on a wall was 1995. I rarely draw anymore but i still study the writing culture and still have a passion for it till this day. So i knew that i was going to be rusty, but my Hip-Hop ethics told me that no matter what happens I NEED TO BE CLEAN.. That way if worst comes to worst at least my piece will be clean. I was told that you don't have to have the craziest letter style but if your work is clean that someone out there will appreciate it. So with that in mind I started to do my fill-ins and take my time and really plan out my attack...


As i am laying down my fills and deciding how i want my color to flow Kufu is really going in smashing everything in site and moving to the rhythm of the boom box. Five hours into our mission I step back and see what exactly is going on around me and relize my body is starting to feel kinda achy and my feet are starting to hurt. It started to feel like i was doing some type of workout.. But the Hip-Hop energy was such at a high frequency that i could do nothing but continue on my mission and finish what i started. But make sure i still have enough time to shake the spot grab my records and proceed to hit another disco that i was scheduled to rock later that night. (talk about hip hop savage)

Through out my mission with these two brothers i learned a lot and it sure did feel good to get back in the battlefield on some writing sh*t and still be able to express myself and have fun at the same time. I want to thank you Kufu for all your inspiration and patience with me. You truly inspired me to continue on some rock shock sh*t and I can't wait to paint with you and the rest of the TNS/TCB famz.. As for all your writers out there I salute you all! This shit is no joke and at 33 years old it sure does wear the body down but it sure does keep the Hip-Hop sprit alive!
mission accomplished,
-P

Big ups 2: Drasar Monumental, Sean, State Of Mind, Mig, Fran, and a big born day shout to my brotha Kufu 1!






"Click picture to see entire black book session"


No comments: