Monday, October 12, 2009

We aint going out like dat.....

Sup party people?!?! I would like to say big up's for checking in even though i know the site has been lacking on updates as of late I really appreciate that you people in cyberspace continue to check in.. But never fear we are still here alive and kicking! Just due to all the recent traveling i been doing I haven't had a chance to check emails or even update the blog.. I had my man Mark hold me down but 'The Man" got him running so he hasn't been able to get it in either.. Just when i thought i locked it in, there were technical difficulties and a lack of updates.. But after today I just talked to my man a Hip-Hop Battlefield, and he is going to be holding me down for the next few weeks till i return... (Big ups Battlefield) So hopefully there will be more updates to come real soon in the near future....

Now you probly wondering what the hell has been going on with the Battlefield Funk Radio Show?!?! No need to worry we are still down due to a major remodel... With a whole new layout, and a new headquarters ( that's right they moved us out the P.X. and now in a Command Center).. We actually got sponsors who are donating money, and merchandise to the show.. So we figured out of respect for all our new sponsors we had to go back to the drawing board and work some things out.. Also we are going to be setting up podcasts, making MP3's of all the shows (due to popular demand) and we are even going to be setting up to broadcast from I-Phones (be on the lookout for a Battlefield Funk Radio application), and a possible simulcast in the works... So please bare with us cause i promise when we go back on the air you all will be hype cause we got a ton more free stuff!!! We just want to make sure everything is up and running 100% before we go back on! (Hopefully early next month)

Before I bounce out for another week or so, i want to say big up to the whole entire Bay Area Hip-Hop Community ( San Francisco/Oakland).. This weekend my chapter from the Universal Zulu Nation was honored with a appreciation award from the Mighty 4 at Estria's Graff Battle that went down in Oakland CA.. The love we all received was insane, and we all felt really appreciated i myself was at a lost for words, let alone to see all my brothers and sisters from the Northstar Chapters in one place even amazed me! We are all spread out now thru California so for brothers and sisters to all posse up in Oakland was a beautiful thing..

So many people came out to show love, and so many others were just in the park having a great time.. I even ran across Hip-Hop heads from my home town of Sacramento who came out to show love and respect to the chapter...I just want to thank a few people who really touched me that day ... Brotha Paulskee and the Mighty 4 staff, Jim Prigoff, Katch, Thnk, Kufu, Refa, Bas One, Moon Cricket, Mando, Sha, Ground, Drasar, Arnold, Dj On One, Young Prize, Roach, Justin, Gina, Noah, Shorty Roc, Mel Kez, Riff Raff, Fooders, Markass, B-Boy Kareen, Riff Raff, J-Status, Bron One, Cantos, Kamos, Vince, Joey, and everyone else i forgot...
Much love ahki peace,
Planet
UZN N.S.

4 generations of the Northstar Familia..


*all photos are from the Mighty 4/Estria's park jam*

1 comment:

Nick Nayme said...

MAAAAAN!!!! That was hella fun!! Cant wait till next time.