Tuesday, January 27, 2009

For The Beat Nerds...

Dj Fooders out of Sucka Free (San Francisco) just dropped a new beat tape for all you beat nerds... I checked in and i liked what i heard.. Before i post it up Fooders got something to say... Take it away Fooders....
-P


Gung Hay Fat ChoYEEEE!

I got some FREE music for you all to check out. Its a on-going continuous themed remix project of that I've started. Its all the same song, SV's/JayDee's "Look of Love" but with different beats produced and flipped by me. It basically came about from my progression of djing to making beats, being an observer and enthusiast, to playing music and eventually making music. I don't consider myself a producer yet, because I've only recently been making beats and it is something I want to do more of.

I'm a simple dude, I get into creative slumps, I get into beats slumps, dj slumps, scratch slumps, academic slumps or just slumps in general (damnnn thats hella slumps...hahah), where I need motivation. While in my beat slumps, I would challenge myself by taking one sample and flipping it (re-arranging it) as many times as possible as I can. This would keep me motivated to make more beats and act as sort of a practice for getting into the habit of constantly making beats because it is something that I want to do in addition to my djing. I always test my beats with the acapella lyrics from SV's "Look of Love" which is one of my favorite songs from one of my favorite emcees, it creates a standard for my beats, reason being is that if the acapella sounds good over the beat that I created then there is some chemistry to its creation.

Over the short span of years from my beat making, I've amassed a catalog of beats that all have been tested with this acapella. I've recently decided to organize them and release them and continue to release my beats over this particular acapella creating an on-going continuous remix project series which will be my answer to the "Look of Love". The first installment is the sample from the Tom Tom Club, "Genius of Love", which the FREE dl is enclosed and is appropriately titled: The Look of Love Remix Project Series- Part 1 The Genius of Love. The second installment is a tribute to Biggie since the release of the movie and is the sample from Debarge's "Stay With Me", titled The Look of Love Remix Project Series- Part 2 Notorious Love and wil be out for FREE dl in the upcoming week.

The Look of Love Remix Project Series- Part 1 The Genius of Love

No comments: